I invite you to join me for a discussion on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali wherein I will introduce some of the key concepts of the sutras. We will also discuss how an understanding of the sutras can profoundly impact our day-to-day life in a positive way.
An Introduction to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
(A four-part series)
- WHEN: First Saturday of the month
- Next Session: Saturday, June 7, 2014 (part 2)
- Focus: What is stress, causes of stress and how to manage it
- TIME: 2:30 – 4:30 PM
- LOCATION: Integral Yoga Studio, 4000 Bearcat Way, Suite 104, Morrisville, NC 27560
- FEE: by voluntary donation
Plenty of parking is available.
No previous exposure to yoga or Yoga Sutras is required.
Why study the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (YSP)?
Because, YSP is not just a manual on yoga philosophy, it is a manual on "life". A study of this manual will help us understand:
- How to live a life full of peace, harmony and fulfillment
- What is stress, what causes stress and how to manage stress
- How to achieve your maximum potential in life
- What is mind and how to understand its functioning
- What causes suffering and how can we prevent suffering
- How to keep the mind calm and peaceful in the face of adversity
- What is the goal of life and how to achieve that goal
- Does the practice of yoga only involves the practice of asana (physical postures) or is there more to this practice?
- What is self-realization
- … and much more …
Come join me for these introductory talks on the Yoga Sutras and see how its study can help us in all aspects of life listed above.
Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to register.