Below is the audio recording from the workshop on "Intro to Upanishads – main concepts" that I presented on Sunday, 8/21/16 to the students undergoing advanced teacher tarining at the Yoga Garden studio.
Brief summary of what we covered:
- What are the Upanishads – the four Vedas, Upanishads forming the end part of the Vedas
- Main themes and concepts discussed in the Upanishads
- Four "maha-vakyas" (great statements)
- Five pranas (vital airs)
- Five koshas (sheaths of awareness)
- OM (AUM), its meaning and significance
- Goal of life – liberation
- Atma (individual soul) and Brahman (supreme consciousness)
- A brief intro to the Katha Upanishad
You can listen to the podcast as well as subscribe to it on itunes here.
Below are links to the powerpoint presentations used for these discussions:
I would love to get your feedback.