Below is the audio recording from the workshop on "Essential message of Ramayana" presented to the students undergoing the 500 hour yoga teachers training at the Yoga Garden yoga stuio in Apex. Unfortunately, the recording contains only the first hour of the presentation as I forgot to turn the audio recorder on during the second hour.
Brief summary of what we covered:
- Introduction: historical perspective, author Valmiki
- Overview of the story of Ramayana
- Summary of the seven chapters (Kandas)
- Brief summary of the main characters in the story
- Main message of the story
- Controversial aspects of the story
- Concluding remarks
You can listen to the podcast as well as subscribe to it on itunes here.
Below are links to the powerpoint presentations used for these discussions:
I would love to get your feedback.